In line with the latest Government guidelines surrounding the outbreak of Coronavirus (Covid-19), just a note to remind your drivers and office staff to take certain precautions to protect themselves and customers :
- Always ask passengers to sit in the back of the vehicle.
- Keep some hand-sanitiser and fresh tissues in the car at all times and offer these to customers. This should be done before and after every journey. Drivers should also use these tissues to catch coughs and sneezes, disposing of them as soon as possible.
- Keep your vehicle clean to reduce the impact of the virus. Regularly clean surfaces such as card payment devices, steering wheels, handbrake, and door handles with normal cleaning products. This should be done at the beginning, middle, and end of every shift.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water (you can keep a bottle of water and soap in your vehicles) or use a hand sanitiser. Do this for at least 20 seconds. Sanitiser gel should be a minimum of 60% alcohol.
- Drivers should ask customers for permission before handling their luggage and before helping them get into the vehicle. The customer may be avoiding contact to protect themselves and the more vulnerable
- Unless the customer requests otherwise, keep a window slightly open to allow for ventilation. This can be especially important for longer journeys
- If your drivers typically come to your office in between jobs, consider asking them to stay away to minimise contact with your office staff
- Keep following government advice surrounding the outbreak which you can access here.