In the current outbreak of Coronavirus (Covid-19), it is important that customers know that your drivers and office staff are taking certain precautions to protect customers and drivers, in line with the latest Government guidelines:
- Ask your drivers to wear a face covering as much as possible. You can see the guidelines here.
- Keep some hand-sanitiser and fresh tissues in the car at all times and offer these to customers. This should be done before and after every journey. Drivers should also use these tissues to catch coughs and sneezes, disposing of them as soon as possible.
- Always ask passengers to sit in the back of the vehicle.
- Keep your vehicle clean to reduce the impact of the virus. Regularly clean surfaces such as card payment devices, steering wheels, handbrake, and door handles with normal cleaning products. This should be done at the beginning, middle, and end of every shift.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water (you can keep a bottle of water and soap in your vehicles) or use a hand sanitiser. Do this for at least 20 seconds. Sanitiser gel should be a minimum of 60% alcohol.
- Drivers should ask customers for permission before handling their luggage and before helping them get into the vehicle. The customer may be avoiding contact to protect themselves and the more vulnerable
- Unless the customer requests otherwise, keep a window slightly open to allow for ventilation. This can be especially important for longer journeys
- If your drivers typically come to your office in between jobs, consider asking them to stay away to minimise contact with your office staff
- Keep following government advice surrounding the outbreak which you can access here.