Given the increasing competition from ride-hailing apps against Private Hire Operators, customers are still choosing to book with minicabit around the UK as they want to enjoy the peace of mind of a reliable, great service from long-standing, tried and trusted Cab Operators. So the experience enabled by your drivers and controllers can really make or break one’s day as our publicly available customer reviews show:
"Great experience, the driver was early and we arrived early to our destination. The driver was great, the car was clean and perfect size. It was a very good experience"
"My driver arrived early and there was plenty of room in the car for the wheelchair. The drive was perfectly fine and I can't express how much easier my driver mad it for me once I got to the airport (it's my first time flying since becoming disabled). He went out of his way to make sure that I got into the airport safely, which I was not expecting at all. Thank you!"
To gain more bookings from minicabit, please ensure that you and your operators follow the steps below (with actual reviews showing what can happen when you don’t):
1. Do your day and night controllers know how to manage our bookings?
- Make sure that your controllers provide detailed handovers ideally 30 minutes before the start of the new shift so that everyone is aware of any live issues and what's to come.
- Only assign your best and most experienced drivers to minicabit bookings
- If you have an iCabbi/Autocab/CMS dispatch system, the booking steps will be managed from there
- Make sure you’re contactable for customers during your operating hours so that your customers are able to reach you.
"Disappointing experience with a cab operator
There was no confirmation from the operator so I phoned the number many times and I got no response. I didn't want to take a chance and canceled the booking. DOn't need this type of uncertainty and stress before traveling... minicabit must do more to filter and host only cab providers that deliver good service."
2. Customers have chosen your firm to take their journeys based on the price & availability settings that you entered. Therefore, you should never have to reject a booking. In the event that you cannot complete a booking:
- You can schedule a pause of your account if you know that you’re going to be busy on a particular time of day or week. This means that you will not receive any more bookings while you’re paused. Please note, however, that you must still fulfill bookings that were made before you began the pause.
- Make sure that you are able to source an alternative licensed driver for the customer. Then you can consider subcontracting it to another licensed fleet as long as they are of high reliability & quality, and you take full responsibility for the outcome (see clause 3.6 of our Admin Terms & Conditions). ‘Car breakdown’ is less acceptable as an excuse, given the reliability of modern-day cars
- Rejecting jobs will result in an automatic fine being applied (unless otherwise indicated) – instead, we’d prefer the customer enjoys their trip with you but if you can’t find any alternative drivers, then please reject early as none of us wants to stress out the customer
"I ordered a taxi form this site for... DANGER!
I ordered a taxi form this site for pickup yesterday morning. I'd ordered it a week ago and paid online but after 30 minutes my cab had not arrived. I called the minicab company and they said they could not come. This delay caused me to miss my train and I lost a total of 189 Euros!"
3. It is vital your drivers deliver the 3 Ps:
4. Managing any customer complaints
The best and most memorable customer experiences occur when a negative issue is quickly, proactively and respectfully resolved. Whether a complaint is justified or not and even if a customer might be emotional, a driver or Controller arguing with them only escalates tensions unnecessarily and reduces any chances they, their friends or colleagues, would book again with your firm.
A great experience by your cab office and your driver can truly brighten a customer’s day, so this is your opportunity to show the customer why they were right to book with your firm.